Friday, April 1, 2011

Mother's Day Afternoon Tea Menu

What better way to spoil your mum on Mother's Day than to invite her over and surprise her with a beautiful and elegant Afternoon Tea. Start things off with some simple Tea Party Sandwiches, served alongside Coronation Chicken Cups and Goats Cheese and Pesto Bites. And of course no Afternoon Tea is complete without some Classic Scones filled with clotted cream and jam. To finish the table and make her feel thoroughly spoilt indulge your mum with some Lemon Coconut Bars and Coffee Cupcakes with Irish Cream Buttercream all enjoyed with several cups of tea. And finally to show her just how much she means to you, send her home with a box of homemade Pink Champagne Truffles (and for an extra special treat pour her a glass of bubbly before the pots of tea arrive!!)

So to all of the mums out there in the UK and especially to my wonderful mum who is the reason why I cook and love it so much, Happy Mother's Day! Mum, you are my inspiration for so much : ) xxx




22 comments:

  1. I'm glad I caught this post, or I totally would have forgot it's mothers day in the u.k..where my mom lives. This mothers day tea sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I'll definitely be following suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These snacks look gorgeous. I wish I was seeing my mum tomorrow now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never did make those lemon coconut bars, but I have been inpsired by the coconut theme and will be posting what I made later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to plan a little tea party for my girlfriends (without kids or hubbies) for such a long time. Reading your post as inspired me to make it come true. Now to find the time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fabulous ideas for a tea...perfect for any mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely ideas for an afternooon! Great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could use all your ideas for a beautiful spring birthday tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great food ideas...! Thank you for sharing and I wish you a wonderful weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely, I just did something similar :) The truffles look delish x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, and wonderful ideas for Mother's Day! I will have to remember these when it's Mother's Day here in the US!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! It is definitely perfect for Mother's Day but is also ideal for any special occasion.

    Kim - I'll put a link back to this page when it's Mother's Day in the US and Canada! Although Im from the UK since I now live in Canada (and my son and husband are Canadian) I have to celebrate in May! Perfect excuse to come up with a few new recipes as well though! ; )

    To all of you that celebrated on Sunday, I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely meal for your mom! Thanks for sharing, everything looks so delicious :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful menu! Every dish you have prepared here is beautiful and would be appriciated by every Mom :)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lyndsey, what a lovely thought doing afternoon tea. What a way to celebrate Mothers' Day! Full of amazing recipes as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you ladies! I really appreciate it.
    Jill, as always you are far too kind! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not far too kind, Lyndsey. I actually mean it! And to prove it, it's time for some rewards!
    http://madaboutmacarons.com/archives/2338
    Cheers! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks amazing especially those pink champagne truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks amazing!

    ~Sarah@TheJoyOfCleanEating.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bravo on an amazing tea party. It's all wonderful and your photography is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all so much - I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...