Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sweet Heat Monthly Chilli Challenge


Following in the same lines as We Should Cocoa, No Croutons Required and Breakfast Club (to name a few!), I am delighted to announce a new monthly challenge featuring non other than one of my favourite ingredients - Chillies! Sweet Heat is a monthly bloggers challenge that anyone can participate in where the star of the show is of course, the chilli!

The monthly theme will vary from a type of dish, a special ingredient to combine with chillies or a cuisine, but no matter what, the star ingredient will always remain the same. Mild, fiery or blow your head off hot, fresh, dried, crushed or ground - the choice is yours! Each challenge will last roughly 1 month so you have plenty of time to work out what you want to make and participate.

Of course as with all challenges there are a few rules you need to stick to when taking part in this challenge....nothing as scary as a Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (trust me - you'll want to check that out!), just a few things to note!

The Rules:

  • You must mention the Sweet Heat Challenge in your post with a link back to this site (and when applicable the host site).
  • Send your post url, your name and a photo (if possible no bigger than 300 pixels please) of your creation to vanillacloudsandlemondrops@hotmail.co.uk by the 25th of every month.
  • You can create your own recipe or make your favourite recipe but please credit the original source if using someone else's and you must write your own directions for the recipe.
  • You can enter as many times as you like.
  • The round up will be on the 1st of every month which will also include the next months challenge.
To celebrate the launch of Sweet Heat for the first month there will be a spicy prize for my favourite entry which I will announce on the round up.

So challenge number 1! To get things going I'm easing us all in gently with the first month with a large category that has plenty of options where there is no escaping the fact that chillies are the main ingredient. Please welcome....Condiments! That means anything from sweet chilli sauce, your own favourite hot sauce, a chilli relish, ketchup or even a hot and spicy salsa will fit the bill. The options are endless so go grab your favourite chillies and start cooking.

{If you are interested in hosting in the future please email me at vanillacloudsandlemondrops@hotmail.co.uk}

23 comments:

  1. Excellent! I've got a few faves but I've already blogged about them ... just the excuse to try something new ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!! Great to have you on board : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh perfect. I've just made a fab dish with chillies. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'll look forward to seeing it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guessing my chilli vodka doesn't fit the bill...Not very often people drink the condiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm yeah I have to say drinks don't quite fit into the condiments theme, however I think a theme on drinks could prove to be quite difficult and your chilli vodka sounds so delicious so I'm more than happy to make an exception!! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I am going to have to remember to think of something in time. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made my spicy green tomato salsa, will send you the link soon. The Indian in me loves this spicy idea :-)

    I would also love to host one month, if you'll have me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to see all of your ideas and delighted that so many of you are interested!

    Michelle - Fantastic, I will add you to the list and get in touch once the first month is completed. It will be sometime in the New Year if that's ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea and chili fan that I am, I will come up with something for your event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great Lisa! Will look forward to seeing what it is : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fantastic timing - I've got a whole load of chillies ripening on my plants in my garden so shall spend this weekend whipping something up with them to enter! I am a super chillihead so would definitely be up for guest-hosting a future challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Souperior - can't wait to see what you make this weekend! I just dried a bunch of mine as had so many!!

    Will put you on the list for future hosts - will be some point in the New Year....hope that's ok?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally got round to writing mine up, have just emailed it to you! Looking forward to seeing the roundup, and to being a host in 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of this challenge. Not sure if I'll manage to get anything done this month but I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be here with CHILLIES next month, November! What a GREAT challenge too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Souperior - it is a fantastic entry!!

    Corina & Karen - You have until the 25th of this month but if you can't manage this month then next month is perfect! Delighted that you like the idea of the challenge and you can just participate when you have time/like the theme : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, darn!! I only just found this site so I missed this contest! Wahh! And I love making chili so much.....

    :)

    Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't worry Cookin.Crafts, it's a monthly challenge so you will have lots of chances to take part. In fact the next challenge will be posted tomorrow! Glad to have you on board, it's always great to meet another chilli lover and blogger : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. first time here, luvd ur space & happy following u

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome Hasna! Delighted to have you here and following - please enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am currently producing a page with links to blogger events that I come across. It will be published shortly and I have added your event too. If you leave a comment on my page once published (in a few days) I will also add your badge if your provide the code details.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...