Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flower Pot Ice Cream Sundaes


When I was doing some research and looking for ideas for my sister's Harry Potter Grand Feast I came across some pictures on the internet of these fantastic Flower Pot Ice Cream Sundaes and I knew I had to make them. They look amazing – the perfect touch to a whimsical feast – but even better, they are super easy to make and of course, who doesn't want some ice cream during a feast!?!


For the party I was unfortunately unable to get some traditional terracotta pots so instead used some gold cups (which were used for the feast anyway) and they looked pretty good. But as soon as I bought these super cute individual flower pots (actually muffin cases which I'm sure you will see a lot more of on upcoming posts!) I knew I had to use them! So now I can make 6 individual flower pots – the perfect treat for a party for both children and adults alike!

Ice cream of your choice
4-6 chocolate biscuits/cookies (or you can use chocolate cake if you prefer)
Chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
Edible flowers or herbs of your choice (I used lavender, oregano, mint & bay leaves)

6 individual (terracotta) pots or 1 large pot


Put a little chocolate or caramel sauce (if using) at the bottom of each pot* then top with as much ice cream as you need to fill it up. Crush up the biscuits – I tend to pop them in a small sandwich bag then crush them with a rolling pin, but you could do it by hand or in a small food processor. Sprinkle the biscuit crumbs over the top of the ice cream so that it resembles dirt. If you aren't serving them straight away pop them back in the freezer.

Just before serving add the 'flowers' by gently sticking them into the ice cream. I've never had a problem with the ice cream being too cold but if you find it is either let it soften slightly before adding the flowers or make a hole using a thin straw or skewer.

Serve at once and watch everyone's face as you serve them their own individual flower pots!

*If you are using an actual terracotta plant pop I would suggest wrapping some clingfilm/ saran wrap around the inside of the pot and over the bottom. You might also want to put a few cookies at the bottom if there are any holes. 

10 comments:

  1. where did you get the flower pots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Lakeland (UK) - here's the link but I'll also add it to the post above.....
      http://www.lakeland.co.uk/16187/Lakeland-6-Flowerpot-Muffin-Cases

      : )

      Delete
  2. Lynds - these look amazing really worked out well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so much fun and so easy (not to mention delicious!!) x

      Delete
  3. They are really effective, may have to pop over to Lakeland's site and order some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So fun and so easy! I'm just wishing I had 12 instead of just the 6 ;)

      Delete
  4. love these,great for my little girl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...