Monday, July 7, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays July 7th ~ 13th


Well I am finally back in the land of living and feeling much better! Turns out after my minor op I got the flu (talk about great timing) so spent the better part of 2 weeks feeling pretty miserable! Thankfully I am now feeling good and back into everything including meal planning - yeah!!

Having just had a fairly miserable, cloudy and wet weekend the forecast shows nothing but sun, sun and more sun for the next week so I'm extra happy! Hopefully Summer is finally here to stay. This week looks like a fairly quiet week but with it being the Summer holidays you never know what each day will bring. So what is on the menu this week? Well it's another case of trying to use up what I have needing used up while making delicious meals that we'll all enjoy. As seems to be the case just now I always have a large container of delicious, sweet cherry tomatoes which need eaten so Monday's Meat Free Meal is my Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Chilli & Basil. Quick, easy and delicious. Tuesday and I am testing a recipe from Lorraine Pascale's Fast Fresh and Easy Food which is Chicken Cacciatore with Harissa, Bacon & Rosemary. It looks and sounds absolutely delicious and just the sort of food we love to eat so hopefully it's a good recipe! On Wednesday we are meeting up with friends for dinner which means it's a night off for me! Yay! Thursday is leftovers from Tuesday and Friday is pizza. There's not a lot of things that suck me in in the advertising world but whenever I see pizza being eaten on TV I end up craving it. After watching a pizza special on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives I knew I had to have pizza this week!! I'm going to cook this one on the bbq and go for a super thin crust that will be crisp and slightly charred on the edges - yum! As usual with the weekends we are undecided until I know what our plans are but I know there will be a bbq of some sort, perhaps even two!

So there you have it! Have a great week everyone with family, friends and of course, lots of good food! x

 Monday July 7th - July 13th

                                  Monday  -      Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Chilli & Basil
                                  Tuesday -       Chicken Cacciatore with Harissa, Bacon & Rosemary
                                  Wednesday -  At friends
                                  Thursday -      Leftovers 
                                  Friday -          Leftovers 
                                  Saturday -      Barbecued Pizza
                                  Sunday -        Chicken Drumsticks & Spinach Salad
  
As always don't forget you can add links to your Weekly Meal Plans in the comments section below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...