Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lunch & The Simplest Tomato Salad




Not really a recipe (and I do already have a Tomato Salad recipe on my blog) but I had to include it as it was so good! Fresh tomatoes from the farmers markets that were so sweet and juicy all they needed was a little extra virgin olive oil, a scattering of Maldon sea salt and a few basil leaves. Perfect alone but I indulged and had them with some of the left over Potted Crab. A simple lunch lazily enjoyed in the sun leaving me more than satisfied. The simplest things are by far the best.



{Serves 2 for lunch or as part of a side dish}

3-4 tomatoes of your choice – ideally local tomatoes in a selection of colours
Extra virgin olive oil – the best you have
Maldon sea salt
Scattering of small fresh basil - I used lemon basil

Slice the tomatoes and place on a plate as you like. Drizzle over the olive oil and finish with a good scattering of salt and a few small basil leaves. Easy, simple and delicious!



8 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so beautiful! I love fresh garden tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recipe might just ruin these. Sweet simplicity, sometimes you need to leave foo alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good with the potted crab. I can't wait to be able to have a garden and fresh tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! That is the best way to eat tomatoes fresh off the vine with a little basil! Yumy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty picture! The simplest food is often the best...
    hopeeternal
    'Meanderings through my Cookbook'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!
    You're all right - this is by far the best way to eat such delicious tomatoes! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those tomatoes are gorgeous!! Don't you love the Maldon salt? It makes everything so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It almost looks too good to eat!
    Beautiful colours and pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...