Sunday, December 18, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas ~ Day 6: Chocolate




Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas features Part 2 of my Edible Gift Ideas (click here for Part 1) which has to be Chocolate! I know, I know, how I have reached Day 6 and not included Chocolate yet is a bit of a miracle (or perhaps bad planning!!) but boy have I made up for it with this post! So without further ado, here are some beautiful and delicious Chocolate edible gifts.

Chocolate Thins



I struggled with what to call these delicious bites of chocolate but in the end went for Chocolate Thins since that is pretty much what they are! The inspiration for these came from my Chocolate Iced Gems, these are just an adult glamourized version! They take no time to make at all but look and taste sensational. They are perfect to serve after a meal or as a gourmet gift idea to give to someone this Christmas. You can really play around with these and top the chocolate with anything you like so have fun, get the kids in the kitchen and make a big batch of delicious Chocolate Thins!

Obviously the amount of chocolate needed will depend entirely on how many you want to make but 100g makes roughly 18 so adjust from there.

I have topped mine with a selection of things including sprinkles (couldn't resist, besides the kids love these best!), edible gold stars, delicate and flavourful violet sugar, edible flowers and even some dried chillies! However experiment with your favourite flavour combinations – crushed candy canes work fantastically (you just have to do that last minute otherwise the candy canes go soft), as do finely chopped nuts, dried fruit and of course some orange zest. Just see what you like best with each chocolate but make sure you do use the best quality chocolate for ultimate results.

100g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
Toppings of your choice (see above)
Edible glitter – totally optional but so Christmassy!

Line a couple of baking trays with baking parchment and set aside.

Working with one kind at a time, cut or break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a small bowl. Place the bowl over a small pan with some barely simmering water and gently melt the chocolate until silky smooth.

Using a teaspoon gently spoon small amounts of chocolate on the lined baking sheet, then use the back of the spoon to thin it out until you have the size and thickness that you want. Repeat doing this until you have used up all of your chocolate then simply top with whatever you have chosen! Pop into the fridge or a cold room for 5 minutes or so until set then either put into bags or a nice box as a gift or keep until needed and serve as after-dinner chocolates! {Just make sure they stay cool until needed.}

{I'm also submitting my Dark Chocolate & Chilli Chocolate Thins as another entry in this month's Sweet Heat Challenge!}


That's what happens when you try to stack too many!
And if that wasn't enough chocolate for you make sure to try my Ultimate Rocky Road. If that doesn't satisfy your chocolate cravings nothing will!

12 comments:

  1. Delicious! This could make perfect holiday gift!Thanks for sharing and have a awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Chocolate probably makes up 6 days as opposed to day 6 on my list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! These are perfect and simple and look so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look beautiful, don't know if I'll have time to make them this year, but on my list for birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool! I am pretty sure I would eat wayyyy too many of these :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, great minds. I've just posted about my version of these today. I called mine chocolate mendiants, but your name sounds good too. Your chilli ones sound especially good. They all look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little late for me this Christmas but I love these they make wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! They are so easy to make but make a big impact when given as a gift or even just put on a plate (like the pic) and offered after dinner! I have to admit though it was hard not to try them all as I was making them....just to make sure!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simple idea turned into such a gorgeous treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I loved these and recreated them today and posted about it on my blog
    Get Set Bake
    Hoping to recreate more of your yummy creations :)

    -
    Niveditha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been scouring pinterest for ages looking for beautifully made but easy gifts to make, these are PERFECT!!!! thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I'm so happy you like them and are going to make them! Have fun :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...